Even More Reasons
From adding to product diversity, to saving you time and money, there a whole lot of reasons to shop in San Jose.
- Most new jobs are provided by local businesses. Shops in our City create local employment and self-employment. These people, in turn spend in the local economy.
- Keeping Dollars in the Local Economy. Each time you make a purchase from a local store, you help provide funding for public safety, parks and libraries. Dollars spent locally help maintain streets, curbs and sidewalks.
- Significantly more money re-circulates in San Jose. When purchases are made from locally owned businesses, more money is kept in the community because locally owned businesses purchase from other local businesses and service providers. Purchasing locally helps grow other businesses as well as the San Jose tax base.
- Entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- Local business owners invest more in our community. Local business are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community’s future.
- Shopping locally saves you time and money. Shopping local saves time and money, you travel less and save on time and fuel.
- Shopping local save the environment. Climbing in your car to drive to another City not only costs you time and gas, it contributes to greenhouse gasses. Local shops often stock a high percentage of locally sourced goods that do not require long distance transportation which also helps to reduce our global footprint.
- Local shops are for everyone. Most people can get to their local shops easily which is important for the elderly, young people, and others who rely on public transportation.
- Product Diversity. Small businesses, each selecting products based on their customer needs, not a national sales plan, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.
- Competition. A marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long term